YING TZE BLOG

YING TZE BLOG

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Comic Fiesta 2013

DSC03452


Hello Everyone !

Do you know about Comic Fiesta ? 

Comic Fiesta is the biggest ACG ( Anime , Comics and Games ) event in Malaysia ! I first get to know about Comic Fiesta back in 2003 , where the event was featured in a local magazine , Gempak. Comic Fiesta is always held in Kuala Lumpur , and I was from Sabah so I didn't get to visit CF till later , when I moved to KL to pursue my studies in Fashion Design. ^^

My first visit to Comic Fiesta was Year 2010 which was held in Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre. I remembered being really excited because I have been reading about CF for years and finally I was able to experience it myself ! I felt like a kid in a candy store - super energetic and really excited over everything that I see. Cosplays , Doujin Booths and Cosplay Competitions. 

So fast forward 2013 ! 

I got really sick on Saturday and I was having my weekly Japanese classes , so I missed out all the fun on Day 1 Comic Fiesta.  But !! I woke up super early on Day 2 , get dressed as Makoto ( Free! ) and embarked on a journey to KL Convention Centre with fellow blogger / husband Princess Hermes. (*´∀`*)


IMG_6176


With my forever fashionable and most beautiful husband in the world , Princess Hermes. 

Check out her version of Comic Fiesta on Miss Hermes. 


IMG_6167

Before our little adventure , we need food to prepare our bodies for what may come LOL. So we had breakfast @ DOME. Not much of a choice because we arrived at 9 am and other shop wasn't opened for business yet.

I like eggs.



IMG_6171

IMG_6170

Obligatory selcas while waiting for our breakfast.

I haven't been crossplaying for a year ++ since Agemaki Kei so I was actually pretty nervous and my pants keep dropping because I don't have a belt. #firstworldproblem.


DSC03456


Meet up with partner in crime / photographer Kenneth Tee of KennTee Photography.

His " fuyukai desu " face. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ


I'll be sharing about what I enjoy the most during Comic Fiesta this year.
Let's Go !



DSC03484

1. RedJuice's Exhibition.

Perhaps I never mentioned before , I am a fan of RedJuice's works. Got to know about RedJuice from his wonderful illustrations for Guilty Crown and also several designs for Hatsune Miku.

( I saw him in the VIP room but was too shy to ask for a signature lol )


DSC03487


Really admire his art style and character designs , it's so unique and distinctive.


DSC03483

An exhibition of his latest artwork .

Look so alike Mana from Guilty Crown !


DSC03490

DSC03482

DSC03486


Ahhhh ... I missed out on his panel which is on Saturday ? So lucky for those who were able to attend ! Getting tips and demonstration from such a wonderful artist ! How envious ! (♥ω♥ ) ~♪


DSC03474

2. Culture Japan

Next up , Culture Japan's booth !

As usual , amazing booth display. I think that Danny's Culture Japan Booth is the most visually attractive booth among all. There is so much to see and you can spend a long time here admiring every little details.

Love the booth header ~ every character in their solar marine outfit. ( minus Chitose ) Finally get to see more of Kizuna ! (。´∀`)ノ

Too bad again I missed out on the posters which is all " finish liao la " before Sunday lol.


DSC03554

DSC03593

DSC03550

DSC03591


Danny's girls , Kizuna in meido outfit and Mirai-chan looking good in casual .

The Mirai and Kizuna Smart Dolls are coming out next year. 

Getting excited ?


DSC03551

DSC03555

DSC03594

DSC03595

Moekana and Moekanji cards.

Which is also available in Kinokuniya.

I have the Moekana Cards. (^・ω・^ )


IMG_6174


I also bought flowers and a reindeer which I think kinda look like Sven from Frozen specially for Angie who is a cosplay guest for the Culture Japan booth on Day 2.


DSC03470


Angie as Mirai in Solar Marine uniform !

DSC_9754-Edit

DSC03472


..... and her happy facial expression LOL.


DSC03588

3. Cosplay

Though I didn't go beyond Hall 4 , ( most cosplayers were in Hall 5 and 6 ) I still see many cosplayers around the booth area and in the park outside the convention centre.

It's really nice seeing how big cosplay has become , having more and more cosplayers in Malaysia. Some came cosplaying alone and some in really big groups. I wish that I could stay longer to see everything but I wasn't feeling well. :(

All I can say is that I'm really blown away by the great variety of cosplays in Comic Fiesta. 


DSC03539


Here's Ryeain , a friend and also the official cosplayer for the CF mascot , Coffy ! The theme for CF this year is RPG , so Ryeain is in her rpg-like costume. It's entirely self made by her ! Isn't she adorable ? 


DSC03548


Bumped into Tora from the Moe Moe Kyun Maid Cafe cosplaying as Niko Niko ( my wifey ) and her partner who cosplayed as Kotori from Love Live!

Which reminds me that I should start on my Nozomi soon.


DSC_9766-Edit


A short photo session with Kenneth from KennTee Photography. 


DSC_9764-Edit

DSC_9774-Edit


DSC_9742-Edit

I met Onnies again !

The first thing she asked me when she saw me wa " Where is your boobs ??? "

She looked so disappointed lol.

( Onnies next time you see me I'll do a sexy cosplay okay LOLOL )


IMG_6185

What I really like about Onnies is that she is very honest and fun.

Though we didn't speak much but we did laugh a lot.

Would love to visit her if I have the chance to go to Thailand ! ^^


IMG_6181

Met Xrystal who is also a guest cosplayer for Comic Fiesta this year !

She is a veteran cosplayer from Singapore whom I really admire. I still remember in my early days of costume making , I sent her a message seeking advice on how to make collar for my Megurine Luka nurse costume lol. She is very nice and helpful. Plus she always sends me postcard whenever she is travelling or during holiday season like Christmas !

Thank you Xrystal 





Cosplay Video on Comic Fiesta by Studio Omoshiroi !

Do follow Studio Omoshiroi on YouTube for more videos on cosplay ! 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)


DSC03589


4. Doujin Booths

By far the biggest event featuring self made artwork and artists that I ever attended.

There are SO MANY DOUJIN BOOTHS LOL !!

Before being a cosplayer , I enjoyed drawing too as my past time so I really enjoy seeing other people's artwork as well. It feels like everyone is so talented ! Gosh , if you love collecting artwork , you must pay CF a visit next year !


DSC03515

DSC03518


DSC03519

DSC03590

DSC03517

DSC03520

DSC03527

DSC03580


... It's not a secret that I like muscular men. * cough cough * Artwork I mean. 


DSC03583

DSC03582

DSC03569

DSC03568


Also one of my favorite booth featuring cat artworks. I got the full set of cat badges during Animagaki ! Super happy visiting this booth again !


DSC03540


CyanParade by KidChan.

Another artist who I admire very much.

Watched her in Deviantart since 2004 I think. Always love her painting style. The way she uses colors is so breath-taking. Sometimes I feel that the world is really small. I never thought that I would be able to meet her in person, like ever.

SUPER HAPPY CAN.


DSC03542

DSC03541

DSC03543

DSC03544


Even got her signature ~ !!!

Feeling so shiawase 


DSC03559

5. Figurine Displays.

I'm not a figurine collector but gosh , I love admiring all this beautiful figurines ! This Hatsune Miku " World Is Mine " is one of my favorite !


DSC03557

DSC03562


Team Madoka ! Yay ! \(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/


DSC03563


The Goddess Version of Madoka is so beautiful ! 


DSC03602

Dangan Ronpa's Monomi and Monokuma.

Can't wait for Season 2 for Dangan Ronpa ! 


DSC03596

Nendoroids are super cute !

I want to start collecting Nendoroids ~ but I haven't find a character that I really like yet. Hopefully there will be a Junko nendoroid ? I will be super happy !! (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))


DSC03597


Asuna and Kirito !!

So adorable together 


DSC03599

Petite Nendoroid - even smaller versions of Nendoroid !

Moe overload ~ ❤ ❤ 


DSC03521

6. Dolls

There weren't much dolls display booths but I enjoyed taking pictures of the few booths that features doll accessories ! I have always been fascinated with BJD dolls but I don't have money to get one LOL. Perhaps I should start saving up for one. 

These dolls have pretty make-up on and stunning costumes ! 


DSC03522


DSC03524


Reindeer ears for your dolls ? O(≧▽≦)O


DSC03525

DSC03526

DSC03528

My favorite doll booth !

Alice in Wonderland themed setting ~  


DSC03529

DSC03530

DSC03532

DSC03533

Lovely Couple !

If I ever be a doll owner , I'll definitely go crazy making different types of clothing for them. 

* sigh *

Too pretty liao !


DSC03535

DSC03536

DSC03537

DSC03538


This is my favorite doll - Doll in a penguin costume lol !!


IMG_6212


Finally , my loot from Comic Fiesta 2013 !

Half of my loot is from Kazeki's booth. And the Jack + Elsa print is a gift from her. She is too talented and too sweet !! Got myself a giant print from Kidchan's booth too ~ got myself a free print from here too ;-; I am so touched !! Thank you !

Plus Ghibli badges from Ryeain.  (_´ω`)



IMG_6186


Overall , it was a good experience !

It's my first time attending Comic Fiesta as a blogger and I was able to experience CF in a different point of view. It was amazing. It's where you can can up with friends that you haven't seen in a long time and also making new friends. 

Thank you all who approached me and told me that you like my Makoto. I'm too girly to be Makoto but I will try my best in my future photoshoot. Thanks for sending/tagging me with the photos that we took together too. Appreciate it very much ! 

Lastly , much love for CF team who made this event such a wonderful and memorable experience for everyone. Thank you for this opportunity. Thank you for the hard work ! Otsukaresamaaaaa !  ( ´∀`)

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Everyone !

With Love ,

YingTze

TWITTER | ying_tze 
INSTAGRAM | yingtze
BLOG | http://ying-tze.blogspot.com/
TOKYO OTAKU MODE | http://otakumode.com/yingtze
DEVIANTART | http://yingtze.deviantart.com/