YING TZE BLOG

YING TZE BLOG

Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Droids Cafe and Grill @ Jakarta

DSC02935

Hello !

On my first night in Jakarta for Japan Matsuri @ Pluit Village , Richfield & John and Pinky brought me to their favorite cafe in Jakarta - The Droids Cafe n' Grill. Richfield told me that it is Kaname's favorite cafe as well ! Famous cosplayers like Alodia from Philippines and Vampy from US visited this cafe as well . ^^


DSC02925


With Pinky Lu Xun , famous cosplayer from Indonesia and also member of  The Endless Illution.

Such a fangurl moment meeting her again after AFA Indonesia !


IMG_4073


Really happy meeting her and being able to spend more time getting to know her. She is sweet , friendly and great in making costumes. So admirable !


IMG_4071

With Richfield and John.

Also talented cosplayers from Indonesia ! You guys should see their armor / monster-like costumes. Richfield is the Indonesia Ambassador for AFA and he did many awesome cosplays like Iron Man , Sith Lord , and RoboCop. While John's latest cosplay from Aliens , omg ~ sometimes I wonder how they are able to fabricate such difficult costumes ! Good job guys !!


DSC02924
DSC02914


The Droids Cafe has a very interesting concept where you can enjoy delicious food while being surrounded by toys that you love ! If you love western comics/movies that this is the right place for you. It's geek heaven !


DSC02941
DSC02946

The interior of the cafe. 

I couldn't recognize all the toys , but I'm a big fan of Thor , Aliens and Iron Man ! If you like Star Wars and Kamen Rider , there are lots of figurines all over the cafe. Fangirls / Fanboys would totally go crazy here !


DSC02930
DSC02980


Amazing cars inside the display table.


DSC02927


With Pinky , enjoying the view of toys in the Droids Cafe and Grill ! ^^


DSC02929


My favorite toy !!

Can you see it ?



DSC02931


OHHHHHH MY LOKI .

;-;

He is so handsome my god !! * fangirls hard *

The new Thor movie is out and I doubt that I have time to watch it. * weeps *



DSC02948


Vampy was here !

Stunning Morrigan Aensland  cosplay of hers + signature. How lucky !



DSC02940


Now , going upstairs !


DSC02975


Welcome to the second floor !

Where you can see more toys or even buy some for your own collection.



DSC02965


Ahhhhhhhh my Predators !

I didn't know that there are so many variations of Predators , this is such an eye opening experience ^^

The Predator in skirt LOL.


DSC02962


Life-size Predator Figure !


DSC02963


Amazing details on the skull.


DSC02969


Darth Malgus , Sith Lord.

I happen to know about this character because Richfield did a great job cosplaying as him ! I think this character looks so cool. 


DSC02959


Guess what's Pinky's favorite character ?


DSC02960


The masked ninja lol.

She loves cosplays of men with half-covered face.

#factsboutPinky


DSC02964


My favorite ?


DSC02971


Iron Man !!!

* fangirls *

This Iron Man is taller than me.

+ 1000000 points lol


DSC02949


Dinner Time.

I don't drink hot drinks ( because I have cat's tongue ) but when Richfield told me that I can get drawings on top of the latte , I ordered this without thinking twice !

Team Decepticon !!

* evil face *

hehe.


DSC02954


The highly recommended " Mandalorian Grilled Chicken ".

( Pinky , Richfield and I had the same dish lol )

I love the sauce , mashed potatoes and the chicken very much.

* thumbs up *


DSC02958


Finally , a picture with the crew - Richfield , Pinky and John !

Thank you for the good experience in Droid's Cafe n' Grill.
Took 2 hours to reach this cafe but it was worth it !

Do visit this awesome cafe if you happen to be in Jakarta !



The Droids Cafe n' Grill

Jalan Bangka Raya 5D , Kemang 
South Jakarta


With Love ,

YingTze