YING TZE BLOG

YING TZE BLOG

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Cosplay Guide | Cosplay Materials in KL

Hello Saturday !

Today's blog post will be about the places that I go for cosplay material shopping ! Been getting emails asking me about places to shop for fabric / laces / gems etc. Actually you can get everything online nowadays and online stores have much more in variety but I'm the kind of person that prefers to touch the materials before making my decision lol.

So if you want to make your own costumes and don't know where to go for fabric shopping , here's my favorite place to go : Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman ! ( or I also refer it as Sogo )

Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman is like a one stop spot for me to get all the materials I need to start working on a costume project. The two main shops that I will talk about today is Kamdar ( fabric store ) and Bunga Reben ( laces / sewing supply / ribbons etc ). 

Let's Go !! d(=^・ω・^=)b


IMG_3705


Kamdar is my favorite fabric store !

Reason being , I think that they have a great variety of fabric to choose from and the price is affordable. They always have sales and you will get more discount of you are a design student ! There are two Kamdars along the Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman road , with a super big outlet towards the end.


IMG_3706


They don't allow pictures but here's one for you to get an idea bout how it looks like inside ! As you can see , there's a great variety of colors and textures for uniforms , dresses , suit etc. I can't really tell you what material to buy because it's up to personal preferences. 

For me , I like touching the fabric beforehand. It'll help a lot if you bring along character references pictures along to match the colors ! Don't need to rush when buying fabric , do spend some time exploring the store ~ then only make your decision ! ╭ (oㅇ‿ o#)ᕗ


IMG_3702


This is Bunga Reben. I like this shop a lot because they have almost everything you need lol ! The owners of the shop are really nice and they give lots of discounts if you are a regular customer.

Bunga Reben offers a great variety of sewing supplies from ribbons to threads , buttons , beads , gems , feathers , tons of laces , felt and etc. Too many things to mention here , you'll have to check it out yourself ~ Every time I go in , I feel like a kid in a candy store !!

☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆



IMG_3703

IMG_3281

IMG_3277

Been visiting this store for 3 years already and it's still my favorite place to go ! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Of course there are other places to shop for materials as well but for me this place is really convenient because it's easy to access via public transport and you can get almost everything here !

There are lots of fabric stores along the Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman , you can walk around and explore the area , maybe there is a treasure shop hiding somewhere lol !

========================================================================

How to get to Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman ?

I'm not a local here in KL as well so I usually get there via LRT. You can board the LRT from KL Sentral to Masjid Jamek station then switch train to Bandaraya station. Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman is just 3 mins walk from the Bandaraya Station !


TIPS : Do get a shopping bag like those from IKEA so that you can stuff everything inside !


Hope that this post can help you in you costume making journey ! (❁´▽`❁)*✲゚*


With Love ,

YingTze