YING TZE BLOG

YING TZE BLOG

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Costume | Evangelion | Asuka Maid

IMG_9171


I'm back with a costume update ! It's from Evangelion , Asuka Langley Soryu in maid uniform ~ Been wanting to make this costume for quite some time already. Finally I got my lazy ass up and work on it for 3 days straight. Haven't been making costumes for awhile now ( as long as I took a break from cosplay ) , all I can say that I re-kindled my love for costume making again ! 


Asuka Maid (3)


This version of Asuka is based on a PVC figurine. I find it quite cute compared to other costumes. They have another figurine for Rei too ! Gosh I hope that Mari have more costumes. * cough cough *


IMG_9177


Back to the costume , I used Matte Satin for the entire costume. Matte Satin is still my fav fabric as it's kinda versatile and cheap too. The chest part wasn't very accurate because I was supposed to gather it for a better fit.


IMG_9176


The maid headband. And lace from the neck piece is leftover from my Sheryl Nurse costume LOL.


IMG_9175


The puffy sleeves too me the longest time to sew because there's many steps to it and the easiest part would be the skirt ! 


IMG_9174


The back is kinda plain , just a normal bow. I think I would like to add more lace to bling it up.


IMG_9172


My fav part of the costume would be the lace on the skirt as well as the apron ! * shy * I made the apron with love. * :p I adore laces with flower motifs , and these roses are just too lovely. 

Working on my Kuro Usagi ( Mondaiji ) costume next !

With Love ,

Cheryl