YING TZE BLOG

YING TZE BLOG

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Hong Kong Halloween Treats 2011 | Day 1


Hallo_HorThematic_Eng


Hi guys !


Haven't been able to update my blog much in Hong Kong because our schedule was quite hectic but we did get to visit so many interesting destinations and also tried out different kind of delicious Hong Kong cuisine ! * rubs tummy *

Anyways , this wasn't my first time in Hong Kong . I've been to Hong Kong with my family a couple of times and I just can't stop wanting to visit Hong Kong all over again ! Hong Kong is such a beautiful city with lots of yummy food , great affordable shopping ( girls just love it ) and lots of tourist attractions . There is always new things to discover ! Hong Kong is LOVE .

Much thanks to Animax Asia and Hong Kong Tourism Board for this great opportunity to experience Hong Kong , Halloween style ! * v *


IMG_6620


Woke up really early around 4 a.m to catch my flight to Hong Kong via Malaysia Airlines . I couldn't get much sleep the night before because I was worried that I might forget something like parts of my costume or so . Had to like triple check my luggage before I left home ! =w=


IMG_6622


Brought my baby Rilakkuma as well ~


IMG_6611

IMG_6619

IMG_6627


It's my first time boarding the Boeing 777-200 ! Gosh , it was spacious and comfy . I was kinda relieved that blankets were provided because it was really cold . The in-flight entertainment was awesome too . Lots of new movies to watch ;)


IMG_6637


Arrived Hong Kong around 1pm ! The travel agency , Holiday Travel , then picked me up from the airport and sent me to Kimberley Hotel @ Tsim Sha Tsui .


IMG_6645


Some street snaps of Hong Kong .


IMG_6646

IMG_6648


IMG_6659


Checking in Kimberley Hotel ! Kimberley Hotel is situated in Tsim Sha Tsui which is right in the middle of shopping heaven ~ Mong Kok street is just nearby ! It's really convenient because there's a couple of shopping malls nearby and the MTR station is just minutes walk away . ;)


IMG_6664


Getting ready for buffet breakfast !


IMG_6673


There's complimentary breakfast every morning for hotel guests @ Coffee House , Kimberley Hotel . The food selection was awesome !


IMG_6671


My favourite eggs , bacons , grilled chicken breast and baked beans ! 8)


IMG_6686



Day one filming for Hong Kong Halloween Treats ! I cosplayed as Hatsune Miku " Spacy Nurse version " from Project Diva 2nd . Took my sweet time getting ready while watching Korean drama on TV . * v *


IMG_6694


The fliming crew , Penny the Producer-san and his personal assistant , Manson , picked me up from the hotel and we were off to our first filming destination , Soho ! ( Sorry for not having much pictures of Soho because I was busy filming ;-; )

Soho is bustling with tourists and locals since it's a Sunday . Everyone were busy shopping ! There were so many shops and the shopaholic in me was screaming in excitement !! ~ You can find all sorts of trendy clothes , shoes , accessories , cute plushies , contact lenses , wigs and costumes here ! :D Shopping in Hong Kong is bliss and everything is so affordable. You guys won't be disappointed I promise !

Will link you guys to the video once it's premiered this Sunday !



IMG_6711


Lunch break !


IMG_6699


Finally met up with super moe Valerie Aya from Singapore ! She cosplayed as Hatsune Miku from Cantarella . Love her beautiful gown * v *


IMG_6696


Miku and Miku !


IMG_6701


All the filming crew !


IMG_6705


My Teriyaki Chicken Bento for lunch ~ * v * Yummy !


IMG_6712


Next stop , Ocean Park ! OMG ~ it's always my dream to visit Ocean Park !! I always see Ocean Park appearing in Hong Kong drama series but I didn't get to visit every time I visit Hong Kong ... but finally I did this time ! * unleashed the kid in me * Excited max !

Since it's Halloween Special ~ the whole theme park was decorated horror / Halloween inspired ! Valerie and I get to visit Haunted Houses too . I always love supernatural things so I'm pretty excited ~ Valerie was a bit scared though so we hold hands and went it together ! I enjoyed the " Macabre Studio " the most . The performers were pretty good and the props were awesome !

You guys shouldn't miss out on the cute souvenirs as well . There are so many plushies / keychains / caps / shirts to choose from ! It's so cute that you couldn't resist :p




IMG_6714


Our make-up artist helping Valerie Aya to tidy her wig and fix her make-up :)


IMG_6717


The Neptune's Restaurant @ Ocean Park .

IMG_6718


Gosh , it was such a wonderful dining experience because we get to enjoy our delicious food while having a great view of the Grand Aquarium ! It's really surreal . * v *


IMG_6731


We were lucky enough to be able to try out the " Creepiest Halloween Menu " in Ocean Park !


IMG_6730

IMG_6736


Scrumptious Lamb Shank ! * two thumbs up *


IMG_6734


Super cute dessert ! I always have thing for desserts . Just can't resist this one ~ yummy !


IMG_6739


This concludes our Day 1 of filming for Hong Kong Halloween Treats ! This polaroid is a gift from Valerie Aya . I guess I should get a polaroid camera soon too . 8)

Day 2 & Day 3 blog post coming up next !

image001